It’s hard to believe that we are almost coming on our first birthday this May! I can vividly recall the first few months leading up to opening day as if they were yesterday: setting up Trilix as a legal entity, getting our founding employees settled into our temporary workspace, creating employee manuals and corporate policies, setting up our accounting and financial systems, beginning to dream of the type of culture we could create a year from then… and everything in between. It was chaotic, energizing, exhausting, scary and thrilling. It was everything a startup is supposed to be.
We’ve experienced a lot of milestones in Year 1. A few of my favorites have included:
- Finetuning and evolving our portfolio of technology and service offerings
- Bringing a number of organizations into our Trilix family and together exploring how to better meld together operations and culture to reach a heightened level of workplace excellence
- Launching our robust Trilix blogging platform
- Volunteering throughout our community, specifically teaming with the RI Food Bank, Tech Collective, Tech Hire, General Assembly and the RI Foundation, among others
- Starting more intentional conversation amongst business leaders about what it means to reach workplace excellence through events, podcasts and blogs
Today marks another special moment on our company’s roadmap. We officially turned the key and opened the door to our new office space, located in bustling Garden City in Cranston, RI. Our new office allows us to make good on our corporate quest to inspire our team to “work, play and move”—to create and build amazing things, to experiment and dream while doing so, and to bring motion and movement into our workdays.
As we began the search for a place for us to call home, it was important that we accomplish the following:
- Stay Local: We are Rhode Island proud and could not be more thrilled to be anchored in the Ocean State. Cranston is unofficially the Center of the Universe (just ask any born-and-raised Cranston, Rhode Islander!) and with our central location we can bring our employees to a special location each and every day, and afford our clients and partners the chance to experience the magic of Rhode Island.
- Keep it Open: Open, collaborative work space was of the utmost importance. Our new office is designed aesthetically to promote co-creation, partnership, team work and connectedness. You won’t find any offices here or hierarchical seating charts. We are all one team.
- Set the Vision: We were in search of an office space that would allow us to set and steer our vision. We wanted blank walls! Not only did we get blank walls, but we actually got a demo site as we were able to configure and construct from the ground up the specs for our space. This allowed us to really build out and personalize our suite to ensure that it painted the picture of who we are and who we plan to be.
- Get Moving: To us, creativity is born out of the unconventional moment. That could mean holding your next team meeting at a local coffee shop or stretching your legs regularly throughout the day to get an extra jolt of inspiration. Our Garden City location allows us to get moving more frequently thanks to the endless number of restaurants, coffee shops and greenery that are just a stone’s throw away, allowing for a healthier work environment both mentally and physically.
- Be Immersed: Something we have prioritized since our inception is the forging of strong business partnerships and participating actively in our community. Our new location allows us to become neighbors of other successful businesses—from law firms to property management companies to insurance and financial services organizations. At Trilix, we love getting to know other business leaders and sharing our stories.
Our Monday is off to a wonderful start and that excitement continues Friday when Cranston Mayor Allan Fung and the Cranston Economic Development Group join us for a celebratory ribbon cutting ceremony. Stay tuned for pictures!
Over the next few weeks and months, we hope you’ll stop by! We are located at 100 Midway Place, Suite 5. Shoot us a note here and we can show you the space and grab a cup of coffee.
We look forward to opening our new home to you!